Sunday, February 21, 2010

1970s Flashback: Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific



Did I tell you I went to a Seventies party a few weeks ago? It was on a Monday night (I know, it's becoming a habit), so I admit I set out for the party a little tired and a bit half-hearted...but sometimes, that's when you wind up having the best time!

Some of the outfits were great, especially my husband's Saturday Night Fever white suit and black silk shirt; the simple yet stunning decor was nothing short of groovy, with disco balls and lucite tables; and the music included all my favorites.

The only thing that could have made it better, possibly, was this: Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific shampoo and conditioner. It's back!

And there's nothing like scent to instantly transport you back in time to banana seat bikes, roller skates that attached to my shoes and came with a key to adjust them, and later on - actual sneaker roller skates. My parents' living room with the glass Noguchi table and the arched silver lamp with the marble base that nearly gave my Dad a hernia moving it into our house, the green velvet couch with a nail that stuck out and always scraped me, and our black and white TV with the rabbit ears on top.

You can take your own trip down memory lane by picking up some Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific at The Vermont Country store, which is one my all-time favorite catalogs, selling everything from old-fashioned candy to the is-this-for-real "Ergonomic Easywipe."

No comments:

Post a Comment