Monday, November 9, 2009

Hanging Ten on Your Fortieth

Well, so far the road to 40 has been paved with Kleenex and cough drops.

Everyone I know seems to have gotten some version of "the cough." This is the cough that lasts for weeks and weeks and weeks...I now think I've cracked a rib from coughing so hard. I'm hobbling around, afraid to cough, because I know it's going to hurt like heck...




As a distraction, I'm thinking about possible 40th birthday trips that I could take with my college friends. One idea we talked about was Surf School, where we'd take on a physical and(for some of us,okay, me)psychological challenge. I started to browse some possibilities today. This link from www.girlgetaways.com/articles/2008/fall/surf_camps_101 lists five fantastic ones worth checking out, at the very least for inspiration.

But if your birthday budget doesn't allow for a trip to Bali, you can still pull off a Surf School Celebration. Surf lessons are available up and down both coasts, so you could easily do this on a weekend, putting together a morning group lesson with lunch, manicures/pedicures, a festive dinner, and a stay at a local hotel. Stay at a really nice hotel and I'm sure their concierge could arrange it all.

What do you think? Is this something you'd want to do to celebrate your 40th?

No comments:

Post a Comment