Wednesday, October 28, 2009

12 Months to the big 4-oh!

Today is my 39th birthday - and with the exception of being on week six of a cough/cold combo and stubbing my toe rather spectacularly this morning -- I couldn't be happier.

Facebook http://www.facebook.com definitely makes for better birthdays. By 9 o'clock this morning I had at least forty fabulous birthday wishes. I love it!

I also decided to take the day off -- I did it last year too and I've gotta tell you it beats cupcakes in the conference room, hands down. Not that I didn't appreciate the cupcakes, it's just so forced - "um, could you come into the conference room? Mary needs you for a minute..." "Surprise!" (although for the person reading this who gave me cupcakes yesterday, you did it in a very laid back way and I loved it.)

It's a rainy day, my favorite kind for staying home and puttering. I don't know about you, but I find that I am rarely alone in my own home...and I'm so happy! I'm hoping to finally recover from this cough/cold.

I had a dream last night that my college friends and I went to Greece for our collective 40th birthdays. I was standing on a chaise lounge yelling, "I love Greece!" when a piece of feta cheese slipped out of my hands into the pool. Dreams are weird, but telling. My friends and I are trying to decide on a trip to celebrate our birthdays together. Have any great ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment